Diverse Matters is the bridge to enable better communication between employers and people with disabilities/health conditions (both visible and non-visible) leading to confidence on both sides.
Our services provide confidence to organisations to tap into diverse talent by retaining and recruiting the best talent thereby increasing profitability and staff satisfaction.
Prior to this, I worked as a lawyer for 12 years (10 years at international law firm, Clyde & Co LLP).
After I sustained a spinal cord injury in 2008, I was thrown into the world of disability overnight as I had to learn how to adjust using a wheelchair. I use my experiences, expertise and learnings to help both employers and employees to engage with their organisations. I specialise in advising corporates about disability related issues.
Our services include:
* workshops/online and live training (for both employees and employers).
* holding diversity events at corporates.
*speaking at corporate events (multi-award winning speaker at the Professional Speakers’ Academy).
* Vice Chair of Lawyers with Disabilities Division (LDD) at the Law Society.
* Council member of the Law Society for LDD.
* NLP Practitioner (qualified with The Coaching Academy).
* Coach/trainer for presentation skills in corporates.
* thought leader in relation to diversity issues particularly in the legal profession. (contributor in The Times/Brief Premium video podcast interview on diversity in the legal profession).
* Ambassador for the Back Up Trust, a charity for people who have sustained a spinal cord injury.
(MC, mentoring, fundraising, speaking at events, getting involved with schools, media).
* Ambassador of Aspiring Solicitors and City Disabilities, which includes being a mentor and role model for those people who have a disability and wish to enter the legal profession.
* acting and presenting through the agency, VisABLE.
- NEW FORMAT for 2019: Ask the experts
Day 1 Tuesday 1 October 2019 2:00 pm